Britain and resource efficiency policy: A new direction for business
What incentives will be required to shift to a circular economy?
- What incentives for producers?
- What incentives for consumers?
- What incentives for the waste management industry?
Professor Paul Ekins, OBE, Professor of resources and environmental policy, Bartlett School of Environment, Energy and Resources
"A litter and waste-free society: The role of economic incentives and innovative thinking"
- How EPR can incentivise producers to reduce both waste and litter
- The role of a ‘well-designed’ DRS on consumer behaviour
- Innovation – scalable ideas for litter prevention
Allison Ogden-Newton, Chief Executive, Keep Britain Tidy
"The end of abundance: Changing perceptions and behaviours in a thirsty world"
- The true value of water – a global and UK perspective
- Is there enough water to go around here in the UK
- How we all need to do more by using less water
Glenn Smith, Sales and marketing director, Wave
"The beverage can: An example of a true circular economy"
- The case for cans
- The role of an EPR reform
- How to implement an effective DRS system
Marcel Arsand, Chairman, Can Makers
Panel discussion: "Is the new Resources & Waste Strategy ambitious enough to drive a circular economy?"