Single-use plastics: Innovating our way out of a sustainability crisis
“Plastic hackathons and thinkathons: Solving plastic pollution, together”
- How the ‘hackathon’ approach can solve business-critical issues
- Building on the results of edie’s 2019 Plastics Thinkathon
- Bringing new ideas to market, fast
Dhruv Boruah, Founder, Plastic Hackathon
"Turning an innovative idea into scalable reality"
- What is NOTPLA, what are we doing and what has the journey been?
Emily Cassius, Skipping Rocks Lab
Ella O'Toole, Skipping Rocks Lab
"The Ecover Refillution: Value over volume"
- Exponential growth in plastic production
- The different options for a real system change
- Creating value to drive re-use
Tom Domen, Global head of long-term innovation, Ecover
"Biotransformation: Next-gen biodegradation technology"
- Advancing science to help turn the tide on plastic pollution
- Supporting the ‘3-R’ strategy whilst introducing a 4thR (Redesign)
- Providing a safety belt solution for leakages from the circular economy
Karam Hirji, CFO, Polymateria
“What’s preventing the scaling-up of innovation to solve plastics pollution?”
Panel to be joined by: Mark Lancelott, Sustainability and circular economy lead, PA Consulting