The Big Business Plastics Debate: Part 1 - Strategy
Plastics pollution is without doubt the biggest circular economy conundrum business has ever faced, and our Circular Economy Theatre is the place to discuss the potential solutions. In the first of a special two-part debate, a selection of sustainability leaders and experts will provide a strategic-level view on how business can collaborate, innovate and actuate to eliminate single- use plastics.
"Becoming a campaigner for the plastic revolution: Sky’s story"
- Sky Ocean Rescue: The power of a purpose driven business campaign
- Top-down AND bottom-up: Creating a culture of changemakers
- Empower others through storytelling
Fiona Ball, Group head of inspirational business & Sky Ocean Rescue, Sky
"The war on single-use plastics: Avoiding unintended consequences..."
- Taking a measured approach to your plastics pledge
- Putting the waste hierarchy first
- Managing an onslaught of stakeholder pressure
Mike Hanson, Head of sustainable business, BaxterStorey
"Surfers Against Sewage: A case study for intervention on plastic pollution"
- Surfers – The canary in the coalmine of marine pollution
- Plastic Free Communities: Building a movement
- Drivers for a plastic free future
Hugo Tagholm, Chief executive, Surfers Against Sewage
Panel discussion: “Developing your plastics strategy: The do’s and don’ts for business”