The Energy Institute (EI) is the chartered professional membership body bringing global energy expertise together.
Our ambition is that energy, and its critical role in our world, is better understood, managed and valued.
The global energy industry, the people working in it and wider society all benefit from the EI’s work.
We’re a unique network with insight spanning the world of energy, from conventional oil and gas to the most innovative renewable and energy efficient technologies.
We gather and share essential knowledge about energy, the skills that are helping us all use it more wisely, and the good practice needed to keep it safe and secure.
We articulate the voice of energy experts, taking the know-how of around 20,000 members and 250 companies from 120 countries to the heart of the public debate.
And we’re an independent, not-for-profit, safe space for evidence-based collaboration, an honest broker between industry, academia and policy makers.
The EI is here for anyone who wants to better understand or contribute to the extraordinary energy system on which we all depend.
The EI supports energy management, sustainability and resource efficiency professionals by:
- awarding Chartered Energy Manager status, available only through the EI
- offering a comprehensive three-level training framework of energy management courses and qualifications
- supporting peer-to-peer networking and knowledge sharing with our annual Energy Efficiency Conference and numerous other events throughout the year
- providing a suite of behaviour-change tools and programmes to support organisations of all sizes in reducing energy consumption and costs
- improving knowledge and good practice with an online Knowledge Service containing over 90,000 records, technical publications, and our monthly magazine, Energy World
...and much more.
For more information on how the EI can support your career, stop by stand A16 or visit our website at www.energyinst.org.
61 New Cavendish Street
The Energy Institute (EI) is the chartered membership body of and for ingenious engineers, scientists, energy managers and other professionals working in finance, law, procurement and academia.
The Energy Barometer captures insights from UK energy professionals and enables them to inform the energy debate, policymakers, the industry and the public. The 2018 report shares views on energy policy, UK’s place in the world, investment, climate change, decarbonising transport, and diversity in the energy workforce.